Leonard Caillouet

That is what I assume is going on. The curious thing is that not only are a
few not grounded, but virtually none that I check are grounded at all.

Leonard

"ron" wrote in message
om...
to expect all dish installs to be grounded to the utility ground is
wishful thinking..it would eliminate a large percentage of installs
due to the inability to install the dish near enough to that ground...
most installers will at least install a ground rod of their own, so
that there is some grounding, albeit that isn't to "code" though..
alot of newer homes, you will never find that ground rod as the
service is all underground and nothing is visible..unless the code is
strictly enforced, installers will cut corners to keep their jobs...

Jeff Wiseman wrote in message

TOM wrote:

Here's the kind of grounding block you want:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=090-338

Specially designed for type-f connectors, provides a code compliant
compression
ground connection.

By the way - putting a grounding connection right at the TV receiver

and
bonding to the
AC power ground right at the receiver also significantly reduces
interference problems because it
drastically reduces the common-mode cable impedance at the TV set.

-- Tom

I think that that is only partially true. Having a second ground
at the set that is not DIRECTLY connected to the power ground at
the sme set is guaranteed to create a ground loop. Some sets by
themselves can ignore this but other equipment such as home
theater stuff very frequently ends up being sensitive to it
resulting in humming througout the audio system.

- Jeff