Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Woodworker

Tony,

I know I am jealous at the size of that new " Garage"!

I have been working my craft in an attached garage in three different houses
now over the past 15 years. The first was a one-car at 12 x 20, the second
was a three car that was 32 x 22 and now I have reverted back to a two car
at 20 x 21. But in every shop, though they were "stock" except for adding a
220 line, I have managed to lay out an efficient work area and still park
cars in the space most of the time.

The comment about lumber storage and cut-off station near by or below is one
of the most important design and installation issues along with flat goods
storage. I love the idea of putting the wall outlets above 48" where sheet
goods will be stored.

Check out the layout of my current shop on my updated webpage. Good luck
and happy woodworking!

Dennis Slabaugh,
Hobbyist Woodworker

www.woodworkinghobby.com

"tony weikert" wrote in message
ink.net...
Folks:
I'd like your input on a new shop I'm having built. Actually it's a
garage but it's prime purpose will be a woodworking shop. I'd like ideas
on lighting, outlets (how far apart and the height, I also told the
contractor I want a 220 volt outlet on each wall) and anything else you
think may be important for construction. It's going to be 27 X 45 feet
with an 8 foot ceiling. I'm also looking at getting the floor painted to
combat dust and make clean-up a little easier. Any and all inputs will be
welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Tony