DaveŁ

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:54:11 +0100, "Set Square"

DaveŁ wrote:

I checked the air pressure in my Britony 80 combi boiler's expansion
vessel the other day; that's after I lowered the water pressure to
about 0.8 bar. There was no air pressure at all - as I suspected.

I now need to know how many psi of air to pump into it when the water
presure is, say, about 0.8 bar. I'm asking for a psi figure because my
air pressure guage only has psi reading no bar reading.

The expension vessel was originally pre-charged to 0.7 bar according
to the manual.

Thank you

Dave L

1 bar = 14.5 psi - so, for 0.7 bar, you'll need just over 10 psi [10.15 to
be exact - but I doubt whether your pressure gauge measures fractions of a
psi]

SS, Thank you for your help again. One thing I'm not clear about: At
what pressure should the heating system water be when I pump the
expansion vessel to 10psi? And, should the boiler be tuned on or off
during this operation?

Dave L