patriarch

"tony weikert" wrote in
ink.net:

If you can make the ceilings higher, then do so. Sheet goods are almost
always at least 8', and most of the hardwood I bring home runs 10' plus.

Give some serious thought NOW to stock storage. Treating it as an
afterthought will lead to suboptimal conditions.

If this is really designed as a garage, the floor will slope, somehow, for
drainage purposes. Remeber this, when you 'think' you have a reference
plane for everything else.

Beyond these, and the other suggestions you'll get here, remember to budget
for wood. And, if you're equipping a shop from scratch, remember that
there is no requirement that you buy all of the tools at once. Good stuff
shows up all of the time, if you're patient. Or so I've been told.

Have fun!

Patriarch