Dr. deb

Default New Lathe

Having come to the point where I realize my old HF Jet 1236 knockoff just
isn't going to cut it any more, I am in the market for a new lathe.

It has to cost less than $1,000. It needs to be able to handle at least 12"
swing. It needs to be built like a battleship. It needs to have 300 or
less rpm. I do a lot of bowl turning and am not interested in having a
turreted head, as they usually are not all that solid when that 12x8" piece
of magnolia wobbles before you get it turned to a cylinder.

Now that I have filled out my "wish list" am I dreaming, or is there such an
amimal out there?

Thanks

Deb