Oscar_Lives

"Rileyesi" wrote in message
We are moving to a house that has a well as the water supply and a septic
system. There is a saline water softener but no filter, unless there is
one in
the well that I am not aware of. I was there for the well inspection and
asked
the inspectors if there was a filter and they looked around in the
basement
where the pump and softener system is located and said there was not a
filter.

I am considering adding a filter to the system. First, where in the
system do
I put the filter? I would imagine that it should go between the well and
the
saline water softener. Is there a brand name of filter that is "best"?

Also, there is an April Air whole house humidifier in the system. I
didn't get
the model name, but it is the type that has a lattice that looks similar
to a
small furnace filter that the water will cascade down to humidify the air.
When I opened the cover, a whole bunch of crud fell onto the floor that
looked
like salt. I imagine that it is either from the salt from the softener
and/or
the high mineral content of the well water. Any ideas about controlling
that?
Also, since the crud is in the humidifier I have a suspicion that it is
also in
the water heater tank. Would draining the tank a few times per year be a
good
idea? The only reason I have been told to NOT drain the tank is that the
tank's drain valve might not close.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Don't drink that ****. It might kill you.