Jem Berkes

A "stuck" front button, or a "locked up" T.V.,
could cause this! Unplug the unit for a couple
of minutes! Also, it may have just coincidently
broke..the T.V. that is! If it's failed, & it's not
the above...try high voltage capacitors! Rono.

I have tried leaving the TV unplugged over night. No such luck. The manual
controls on the front of the TV still work.

Of course it is possibe the TV encountered a hardware failure at the exact
same time the universal remote was attempted. But considering that this
'coincidence' would have occurred in a 1 minute window within 13 years of
operation, my guts tell me that the universal remote played a role.

Either that or I just experienced a one-in-a-"7 million" coincidence

--
Jem Berkes
http://www.sysdesign.ca/