Australopithecus scobis

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:23:35 +0000, Charlie Self wrote:

Also, Norton makes a microfiber "tack" cloth that's a marvel to use. I'm told
that refills for the Swiffer also work well.

Based on somebody's post here, I went to the fabric store and asked for
microfiber cloth. The helpful clerk pointed out two kinds for our
purposes; one is a moleskin texture, the other is glossy. Some tips from
her:
1. Use the "front" side only. (Sewing people have a word for it.)
2. Keep it folded, front side in, in a plastic bag with a dryer sheet to
inhibit static. (The dryer sheet thing sounds half-baked to me, but what
the heck.)

I got half a yard. So far, it works great for cleaning glasses.
Haven't had to tack anything yet.

Apparently the word is out. Photo and astro guys, and now wood, popping
into fabric stores all over the world...

--
"Keep your ass behind you"