Bill Rubenstein

Good points made below. People forget how big Australia really is and how little Europe is.

Would Omega direct ship to an Australian address a machine configured for Europe and which
they know is going to Europe? Probably not.

Does the user want to be using a potentially unsupported machine to save a few bucks?

Further, it is unlikely that, when all is said and done, that much money could be saved. The
Australian buyer would be paying retail and then having to run the export/import traps for
one machine for the first time. There are a lot of unknowns here.

Bill

In article , says...
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:36:04 -0600, "Steve Wolfe"
wrote:

Perhaps your relatives down there. Perhaps they could buy it from the
factory, and ship it to you themselves? Probably a lot of trouble for them,
however.

Depends on where they are in Oz, For example, I am as far from
Melbourne, where the Stubby is made, as Oslo is to Athens. Frogland
is only a hop,skip & jump from Norway. It is about 2 days driving,
1800 km, just to get out of WA. Oslo had the best camp site in all
Europe when I was there, nice HOT showers

I cannot remember voltage used in Norway, I think it is 220V, 60Hz.
Oz uses 240V, 50 Hz and this should be taken into consideration.

I would love to have a Stubby but bought my Woodfast before the Stubby
was introduced and don't do enough turning to be worthwhile upgrading
Alan
in beautiful Golden Bay, Western Oz, South 32.25.42, East 115.45.44 GMT+8
VK6 YAB ICQ 6581610 to reply, change oz to au in address