It is often easier to install a new buried wire than inspect the old one.
Same for buried pipes. -B

"Harry" wrote in message
vers.com...
All of a sudden, every time I turn on my driveway lights, they blow the
fuse. I checked and changed the switch (just in case), but the problem
persists. We had a chipmunk problem in the yard, and someone told me that
it's possible the chipmunks ate though the underground cable, and it is

now
shorting. (The electric wire goes to the light posts, underground,

through
the chipmunk infested area). Before I start digging the yard to check the
wire, is that possible? Is there an easier way to check, other that

digging
up the yard? Could it be some other problem?

Thanks