TURTLE

"BGBevill" wrote in message
"No" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I recently had High Efficiency furnace installed (Carrier Infinity) and

there
were 2 PVC pipes put outside my house - one is for taking air into furnace

and
another one for air out of furnace. When furnace is working, my second pipe

is
spraying water out of it - not a lot, but still hand feels wet if you hold

up
to it. It seems kind of strange. Is that a good furnace installation?

Should
it be like that? If yes, then would it not freeze in the winter?

Thanks

This is Turtle.

The vapor being very moist is normal and is working fine. These vapors was at

2,000ºF when it was in the furnace but the furnace takes so much of the heat
out
of the vapors that it makes water drop out of the vapors and will be
sometimes
at about 80ºF or so.

Now i have rarely ever seen the vapor close off the pipe but have seen a good

amount of ice from where they drip off the end of the pipe.

TURTLE

Dang Turtle, didn't know it got that cold down there in your area....;-).
Yeah, the furnace seems to be fine. What you are seeing and/or feeling is
normal as Turtle said.

Bobby

This is Turtle.

Yea, We have a weather forcaster that has stated that we may get some ice in the
water in the ditches along side the roads by Jan. or Feb.. It has been laterly
getting in the 80's and 90's during the day and 70's at nite. Everybody will
crank up there heating furnaces to see if the work a little before Christmas
before the winter sets in. I try to get all my customers to do this at Thank
Giving to be a head of the game.

TURTLE