Gini

In article , Chris Perdue says...

From: "anonomous"

I would like to install an OTR microwave, but there is no cabinet above the
range. Can it be mounted just to the wall?

the cabinet supports the unit...the wall bracket is for holding the bulk of the
wieght, but it can't hold the wieght that is at the front...without a cabinet
above it would very quickly pull from the wall and fall....there used to
be(once upon a time) a bracket that had supports under the unit for mounting
without a cabinet above...haven't seen one in years...

====
I have seen metal shelves specifically for OTR microwaves. I believe they attach
to the back of the range top.
====