andrewpreece

"Gaffar" wrote in message
I am having an extension built with the work likely to start bang on in
the middle of winter.
Are there any precautions I need to take or things to check or be wary
about.
I have heard that bricks can't be laid if the temperature drops to a
certain level, is this true? and what is that temparature.

If wet mortar freezes, then it'll be damaged. My recollection is that it
ought to be 5C or above for building work, there are limitations on various
things, for example if your extension has an flat roof with a bitumenised
covering, it may crack if unrolled below a certain temperature, and you'd
have to check on that. Paint is usually limited to a minimum temperature
as well.

Andy.