Andrew McKay

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 17:19:29 +0100, "JM" wrote:

If you attempt to apply too much pressure on the plastic bit what
happens (frequently) is that the plastic bit breaks physically, and
the drip turns into a flood.

The installation instructions for the machine (http://tinyurl.com/5bru9)
specifically advise against using tools to tighten the connectors so that
sounds right to me.

A pair of gas pliers can be used to nip up the connection, but don't
ever apply lots of pressure to the tightening is the secret. Just hand
tight and a smidgen more is all that is needed.

Have you tried replacing the rubber washer that sits between the hose
and the tap? These cost a few pence and aren't really re-usable if
you've had them in place for a while.

It's a new machine so that shouldn't be an issue.

Fair do's. The ones I have had problems with have been machines where
the supply has been disconnected, and reconnecting has resulted in a
minor drip which wouldn't go away. I have had to go to the extreme of
replacing the entire hot/cold feeds - they seem to get a bit fixed in
their ways after they've been installed for some time and won't adapt
to their new fitting.

Andrew