igor

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 19:17:50 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Nope, I ultimately was not happy with it. It, IMHO is a good idea and is
well built but the router being lifted from one side and or the threaded
adjustment shaft in the router causes it to easily bind. I found that it
made adjusting the bit height about 10% easier than using nothing at all. I
was using an old and large Bosch 1611 plunge router. I ended up buying a
Triton and I am Very happy with its features in particular ease of height
adjustments and bit changes above the table without removing the router.

Leon -- Thanks for the comments. I am still intrigued by it, especially
the foot pedal because it seems it would make it easier/safer to do
non-full-length operations, among other things. From what you wrote, seems
that the best chance would be with a smaller router with limited integrated
adjustment means.

Also, FWIW, I noted at Amazon some negative comments about the Triton --
though everyone seemed to like the basic design. Apparently qc issues, but
they were from 18 months ago. Considering some of your posts about how
determined you are to get service if you find a tool lacking - components
failing -- I assume you did not confront these problems with your router.
Again, thanks. -- Igor