Chris Perdue

From: "anonomous"

I would like to install an OTR microwave, but there is no cabinet above the
range. Can it be mounted just to the wall?

the cabinet supports the unit...the wall bracket is for holding the bulk of the
wieght, but it can't hold the wieght that is at the front...without a cabinet
above it would very quickly pull from the wall and fall....there used to
be(once upon a time) a bracket that had supports under the unit for mounting
without a cabinet above...haven't seen one in years...
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004