Leon

"Sam the Cat" wrote in message
Folks,

Need bit of advice. I am making a custom mirror frame to match a
vanity
I made earlier in the summer. I have the concept down of building a
pitcure frame to hold the glass with a rabbet from the back but I am
looking
for ways to hold the mirror in the rabbet -- first thought is to use
silicone caulk as a glue but I am wondering if I need some sort of
mechanical means to hold the mirror in the rabbet (in addition or instead
of
the glue/caulk). Of course the mirror will be hung from the frame .....

Cheers

I mad my own 1/4 rounds and brad nailed them in. My glass supplier strongly
advised against using any type of adhesive or sealant for mounting a mirror.
Apparently these compounds will damage the mirror plating if they get on the
plating.