Ian Dodd

wrote in message news:

Is there something inherently squirrely about cherry that I don't know
about? Or, more likely, is there a deficiency in my jointing
technique that has never shown up on walnut and maple? Thanks for any
tips.

Ian

jointer knives dull?

Could be. This was the massive 12" jointer at the college wood shop.
No telling what sort of abuse it takes day in and day out from
students.

I just bought myself a 6" jointer and guess I should consider bringing
some of my material home and working on it here to see if I get better
results.

Taking the advise of other posters, I think I'll go back and clean up
some faces with a light pass through the planer and also take the
opportunity to learn to use a scraper (part of my plan for this
project anyway).

Thanks to all who responded,

Ian