Charlie Self

J. Clarke notes:

And the pellets that don't hit the assailant tear the **** out of someone
else in the house or in the neighborhood.

Ah, mine own house but a pitiful thing? WTF are your walls made of?

By the way, what "extra rounds"? Are you saying that he's so innacurate
that he has to empty a magazine to put one round on target? And yet you're
so accurate with your shotgun that you hit the guy first time? And if you
think that a shotgun automatically hits everything downrange, you might
want to pattern it at the distances common in indoor combat. You'll get a
big surprise.

Oh, man. Did you ever see Joe or Jane Average shoot when they're nervous.

If you think a shotgun won't take out a target across a room without precise
aim, you need to redefine your thinking and get a little more experience.
Probably a sporting arm isn't the best, but a 19" or 20" barrel helps a lot.
Also reduces muzzle velocity, decreases swing time for any second shot, if
needed.

At short range, there is, and always will be, one helluva lot of difference
between shotguns and rifles and ease of hitting a target 20 feet away.

Charlie Self
"When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not
hereditary." Thomas Paine