Prometheus

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:49:40 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"Prometheus" wrote in message

You know, I'm all for the second amendment, and I believe that any
responsible citizen has a right to own a firearm, but people like you
who buy into this hysterical crap I'm not so sure about. When folks
start running around like chicken little worried that the sky is
falling on their guns, I start to get worried that they're the type to
go shoot up a McDonald's because they think the martians read their
thoughts. Just take a deep breath, and think happy thoughts about
hunting- which, contrary to your [and Charleston Heston's] belief, is
really not in peril. And if some kind of second American Revolution
ever *does* come, your SKS and/or Winchester probably aren't going to
do much against an Apache helicopter anyway.

Apache helicopters don't seem to be having much impact on the Islamic
fundamentalist of the world. The point is "registration" ... if you know
where something, it is easier to confiscate it.

Who is trying to confiscate your guns? I've been hearing these dire
warnings since I was a tot, and none of it has ever happened- nor does
it even really seem to be in the works.

Interesting to both sides of the issue are statistics on Australia's
experience with gun control:

http://www.gunsandcrime.org/auresult.html