MikeG

In article ,
says...
Is there something inherently squirrely about cherry that I don't know
about? Or, more likely, is there a deficiency in my jointing
technique that has never shown up on walnut and maple? Thanks for any
tips.

Ian

It's probably more that there is something inherently squirrely about
school jointers, dull cutters. The cutters in a woodworking class shop
probably takes more of a heavy handed beating and less maintenance then
any two commercial shops put together.

That and, if you were working from rough cut boards, I'd have to guess
you may have been trying to scrub off too much material in one pass.
Like the planer, small cuts. 1/32" at the most and don't rush the feed.
More passes but better results.

--
MikeG
Heirloom Woods