David Hall

Pahleez...

I am a member of the NRA and I am very mindful of the INTENT of our
Founding Fathers. The Constitution was written with the concept of
single shot fowling rifles (which had an accuracy of less than 200 yards).

Pahleez, yourself. If you had ANY concept of the intent behind the second
amendment you would know that it was INTENDED to allow citizens to own the same
weponry as the federal government so that they could effectively fight that
government if needed. The Revolutionary War could not have been effectively
fought and won if there had not been private citizens who owned serious (by the
standards of the day) weapons such as cannon or if there had not been privately
owned armories. If we were actually to follow the INTENT of the second
amendment it would be legal to own an M1-A1 tank, 105MM howitzers, etc. I, for
one, would like to see a rational replacement for the second amendment that
would allow for substantive gun control. On the other hand, while the 2nd is
still supposed to be the "Law of the Land" I think we should follow it. I think
that if we lived up to the Constitution it would take about a week to get the
2nd removed right after a few nuts openly kept and bore a few Stingers.

Dave Hall
I find it incredible that people today think they can stretch this
constitutional right to include rifles which fire off 10-20 rounds per
second to ouzis, AK-47s, and single shot grenade launchers in
incomprehensible.

Look at it this way: Ouzis, AK-47 and those ilk as well as grenade
launching firearms are not defensive in purpose - they are offensive in
purpose. Don't you find that contrary to your constitutional right to
defend yourself?

As we move further away from 1778, the Words & Intent of the Founding
Fathers are getting grossly slurred. The Right to Free Speech means you
have a right to speak your mind as long as it's not offensive to others.
My right to own my firearms ends when I point it at you, your family,
or your property. My right to swing my fist ends at your personal space.

Peace,

Dy
Kerry wrote:
How about this: The gun-grabbing liberals haven't been saying much
this election cycle. Even see photo-ops of Kerry hunting with a real
shotgun. Just wait though, if he gets in you'll see what happens to
your guns.

Liberal