Frank Ketchum

"Wes Stewart" wrote in message

That said; in defense of Senator Kerry's voting record let me point
out that if any senator's record were examined under a microscope
there would appear to be gross inconsistencies. Unrelated riders are
attached to bills all of the time, most of them as attempts to get
something passed that would fail to pass on its own merits. A yes
vote today and a nay vote tomorrow may not be inconsistent at all.

Very true indeed which is one good reason why most presidents do not come
from the Senate.

Furthermore, remember that we live in a country with a
"representative" form of government. Senator Kerry is supposed to
"represent" his constituents and they are the citizens of the
ultra-liberal Massachusetts. How else would you expect him to vote if
he wanted to be reelected?

True also, however the rest of the country is not ultra liberal like
Massachusetts which is why I don't think he can represent the enitre
country.

My senator, John McCain, is about the only one I know of who can speak
his mind and still get reelected, although it pains me to see him
campaigning for GWB, after what Bush said about him in the past. I
thought McCain had more integrity than that, but it just further
proves my point, these guys will do and say anything to get elected.

The funniest moment in this campaign IMO was after the Kerry ticket carped
for weeks about McCain running for veep with Kerry, and then McCain comes
out at the Republican Convention and lambastes Kerry. A truly embarrasing
moment for all Democrats. But what would you have McCain do? He is a
Democrat who has found his party moving away from him, hijacked by the far
left. He is in the same boat as Zell Miller. The thing is that these two
guys who speak the truth about their party, that there are some serious
internal problems, they are castigated for it.