Edwin Pawlowski

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message

The real question is what kind of woodworker, I'll refrain from the
derogatory term "worddorker", would by a $250,000 router? That seems
high even for a factory floor. Is it for mouldings? Surely it does
more than route.

I don't think any home shop will have one, but it is not all that out of
rance for a procution ship. I've beenin factories that make speaker
cabinets. I'd guess at an investment of $15,000,000 or more. And that was
not one of the biggest.

Also question to the whole group, not just UA100: given all the
anti-router lift pro-shaper feedback, I'd say none of you uses a
router lift. I find that difficult to beleive. Surely there's someone
out there willing to 'fess up.

I have a Benchdog. Paid $230 for it. Did I need it? No. Did I want it?
YES. I enjoy using it and it makes adjustment easy and I can sneak up on
any measurement. Would I pay $500 for a digital? No, I have a limit to my
toys and could not justify that much money for my use. Benchdog seems to
have eliminated that model and now only sells the "pro lift" at about $100
more.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome