Paul Mc Cann

In article , says...
I have what I would consider to be a generous amount of bench space - 2x=

=20
6m runs, one either side of the garage. And yet somehow I never seem to=

=20
have enough room for cutting long pieces of wood on the sliding mitre=20
saw. It always end up having to shuffle a lot of things around to make=20
enough room. And once I've made enough room, I then have to find=20
suitable supports for the wood ends. Too much time wasted.
=20
So when I spotted the new Axminster Mitre Saw Stand (AWMSS) on their=20
site, I thought I'd try one. It arrived yesterday, and I put it together=

=20
and used it for a couple of hours today.
=20
The stand comes almost fully assembled. All that's required is to unfold=

=20
the legs, attach the wheels, rollers and clamps, and bolt on the saw.=20
It's made of heavy steel box section, and feels very sturdy.
=20
The only snag was that my NuTool 10" sliding saw has mounting holes in a=

=20
non-rectangular pattern, so I had to make a mating plate. This only took=

=20
10 mins to make out of a piece of 3/4" ply, and worked well.
=20
To sum up - I'm extremely impressed with this stand, especially given=20
the price (=A376 inc VAT and delivery). It folds up into a fairly small=

=20
size, but it does take up a fair bit of space when fully deployed, so=20
you need a biggish room to use it in. If you have the space and use your=

=20
mitre saw a lot, buy one of these.
=20
=20

I mounted mine on a purpose built stand on large castors. This way I can=20
pull it out from the wall if I want to cut large stuff. The stand has=20
built in storage in the way of a drawer and shelves. The shelves are=20
used to store an oscillating spindle sander amongst other bits and=20
pieces. Not a tool I use that much but very handy when the need arrives.

--=20
Paul Mc Cann