Rick Dipper

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:19:24 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:20:54 +0100, "big al - Peoples Pal"
wrote:

I used to have Cable TV and my favourite programmes was nearly always
Discovery Home & Leisure, then I moved to t'country and had to give it

up.

I could have got sky, but I hate the thought of giving Rupert any more
millions for one the use of only one channel, I've now just discovered

that
Top-up channels are now available/launching (via a Freeview box with a

card
slot - only one available so far) and the only programme I'd pay for is
going to be available.

Is anyone else a really sad case like me, and are you now contemplating
going over to freeview + topup channels?

Home and Lesiure advertise that their programs can be viewed on-line,
so chuck out the TV.

....and get a 2gig connection.

Still cheeper than a TV licence, we have a 310 Gig connection at work
:-)