Bill

In message , N. Thornton
writes

Anyhow, youve got bad connections probably, and theyre likely to catch
fire. Fix pronto.

I'll second that, no electrical problem should be allowed to go
unchecked. A couple of days back a friend of mine complained that a
single 13A socket in her kitchen had not worked for a while. I found
that the screw holding the neutral wires was loose, not just slightly
loose but it took 2 or 3 turns to tighten it! As there was a spur fed
from this it a) broke the neutral ring and b) had removed the neutral
from the spur too. Not a nice situation as what ever was plugged in had
a live feed to it and was therefore live but apparently powered off.
What had caused this I have no idea but I have found similar situations
before. She lost a house some years ago due to an electrical fire and
was not amused at the latest fault, a minor problem with a microwave in
the kitchen had burnt the house down.
If you are sure the sounds are coming from under the floor I would very
quickly lift the floor and check NOW.
Good luck and take care.

Totally different topic but my dad, who is 84, recently hung a picture
in the hall way, very nicely centred above the 3 gang light switch, one
of the lights no longer worked! Ho Humm!!!!!!!! Problem is now sorted
by the way.

--
Bill