Ed Sirett

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:15:00 +0000, PeterCB wrote:

Good for youI hear you say!

Don't want to spend to much £80.
What do you recommend?
Needs 2 x batteries - Hammer not important.

Any online sites that you care to mention.

Well you could do much worse than the £75 DeWalt from Screwfix.
I have one it works well. It is not the same as the £200+ Makita or DeWalt
units. But it is well made comes with a 1 hour chargers, 2 batts and some
bits. The torque control is quite stiff but I expect it to loosen up over
a few years hard use, if it is not stolen prior.

You'll likely be about to drill masonry with _sharp_ masonry bits and firm
pressure. The higher torque settings are quite capable of snapping the
head of a 4mm screw.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk