Prometheus

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:14:13 -0400, "Eric Ryder"
wrote:

"Sam the Cat" wrote in message
Folks,

Need bit of advice. I am making a custom mirror frame to match a
vanity
I made earlier in the summer. I have the concept down of building a
pitcure frame to hold the glass with a rabbet from the back but I am
looking
for ways to hold the mirror in the rabbet -- first thought is to use
silicone caulk as a glue but I am wondering if I need some sort of
mechanical means to hold the mirror in the rabbet (in addition or instead
of
the glue/caulk). Of course the mirror will be hung from the frame .....

Cheers

You have some good tips already. I'll add that you might paint the rabbet
black, or you'll see the unfinished surface and the glass cut in the edge
reflection.

Lots of tips, I see after reading the whole thread. Glazing points
are the easiest, though- and they are the standard hardware for just
about any window.