Doki

Default Glass and Wood suppliers

I'm thinking of knocking together some sort of stand for my hifi gear, with
some sort of wooden frame and glass shelves (presumably tempered?). Do glass
suppliers just supply cut glass, or can they put on ground edges?

I'd also be interested in what wood would be suitable (needs to be fairly
solid, look OK and cheapish), and if I'd be able to convince the wood place
to route me some grooves or would I need to borrow the use of someone's
router? Do I want to ring the places listed under "Woodworker's supplies" in
the yellow pages or do I want a builders merchant for wood?

TIA