Richard Faulkner

In message , raden
writes
In message , Andy Hall
writes
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:58:33 +0100, Richard Faulkner
wrote:

In message , MM
writes
How is the residual payment left over after completing a house sale
usually paid out? Cheque, or transfer to bank account?

MM

Generally by cheque unless you specify bank transfer, or some other
method. (Cheque means the money stays in the solicitors account for
longer)

...and the interest paid to the client?? No, I thought not. A few
days interest on a few hundred grand across a few hundred customers a
year is a nice earner.

Still the banks pull the same scam on cheque clearance. Three days
on reconciliation between UK accounts? Yeah right.
I might believe 3 seconds. Just.

... And is there anybody who hasn't noticed that Safeway and Homebase
charge 2.5% for credit card payments now - for CC administration. How
much do they pay on transactions, 1% ?

crooks

Is crooks your name, or are you calling them crooks? g

Do they actually add this to your bill, or is it one of those internal
things which enables them to avoid some VAT - which lots of firms do
these days.

I know IKEA are making a charge which is added to the bill, but I didnt
think Safeway and Homebase would take a lead on this?

--
Richard Faulkner