Grunff

Andy Hall wrote:

I have a deWalt one that I bought a couple of years ago in the U.S.,
although they are available here now.

Yes, I've seen the DeWalt one at a local tool shop - around £200 IIRC.
The most significant difference between the DW and the Axmistter is the
construction - the DW is aluminium (at least the one I'm thinking of is)
and the Ax is heavy steel. The weight difference is huge.

I would not recommend the Ax stand to anyone thinking of using it as a
portable stand. It has wheels, so can be wheeled around the workshop,
but it weighs I'd guess 40kg without the saw!

--
Grunff