Grunff

Default Axminster Mitre Saw Stand - mini review

I have what I would consider to be a generous amount of bench space - 2x
6m runs, one either side of the garage. And yet somehow I never seem to
have enough room for cutting long pieces of wood on the sliding mitre
saw. It always end up having to shuffle a lot of things around to make
enough room. And once I've made enough room, I then have to find
suitable supports for the wood ends. Too much time wasted.

So when I spotted the new Axminster Mitre Saw Stand (AWMSS) on their
site, I thought I'd try one. It arrived yesterday, and I put it together
and used it for a couple of hours today.

The stand comes almost fully assembled. All that's required is to unfold
the legs, attach the wheels, rollers and clamps, and bolt on the saw.
It's made of heavy steel box section, and feels very sturdy.

The only snag was that my NuTool 10" sliding saw has mounting holes in a
non-rectangular pattern, so I had to make a mating plate. This only took
10 mins to make out of a piece of 3/4" ply, and worked well.

To sum up - I'm extremely impressed with this stand, especially given
the price (£76 inc VAT and delivery). It folds up into a fairly small
size, but it does take up a fair bit of space when fully deployed, so
you need a biggish room to use it in. If you have the space and use your
mitre saw a lot, buy one of these.

--
Grunff