Bob

"J T" wrote in message

"repair of handheld grinder",
and your original post has the line: "Since its hand held...".

Now where in the world did I get hand HELD??? I was out in space. I do have
a motor powered hand held grinder. Its the weekend and no welding shop is
open so I decided to give the JB-Weld epoxy a go. It turns out the piece
that broke is not load bearing - that's in the other half of the grinder
case. This just keeps the shaft from coming loose (cotter pin in the end).
Even though this is a simple hand cranked tool, it reminds me of the peek of
American craftsmanship. The casting is smooth and even. The gears are
extraordinarily beefy. The shafts are precision machined and the
flywheel-main gear looks like it came out of an automobile transmission
instead of a manual tool. I hope the repair works. I will enjoy using this
tool.

Bob