igor

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:25:39 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

For the price of the lift, router table, and router it would be cheaper to
buy a shaper.

What can a shaper not do that a table-mounted router w/ a lift can do? My
sense is that a shaper can only work on the edge of wood -- e.g., not
cutting a groove. Wrong?

I've been considering a new router and getting the VeritasĀ® Router Bit
Jack, about which I cannot quite figure out how it can be so relatively
inexpensive, assuming it meets the normal good LV standards. And, I like
the foot pedal setup.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...gory=1,43 000

Leon, I did find an old post where you mentioned having the Bit Jack.
Still happy w/ it? What router are you using w/ it? TIA. -- Igor