David

You are correct; plenty of negative comments were made. And yes, the
Jessem should be compared to the PRL.

David

Never Enough Money wrote:

Wow. I got a lot of negative replies on that post. Are we talking
about the same thig? I saw an electronic router lift that is activated
with a button, has electronic control for backlash, and a digital
readout. Why are folks comparing that to shapers? I must be missing
something.....

Wouldn't it be more apropriate to compare to JessEm's Rout-R-Lift, or
Bench Dog's ProLift, or the Woodpecker's Precision Lift?

The routers with built in lifts are a lot less accurate (I think -- on
the order of 1/128'th of an inch versus 1/1000'th).

(Never Enough Money) wrote in message . com...

http://www.jointech.com/

Looks like an advancment to me. Of course it cost almost $500.00,
that's just for the lift, no router included.