raden

In message , Rory
writes
raden wrote:

I understand about pulsing the pump every 24hrs and on initial power
up, the question that's bugging me (which you may know the answer to) is;
When the boiler is going through it's relighting procedure after
pausing having satisfied the boiler stat (but not the CH or HW stat)
does the controller deliberately momentarily disconnect the pump?

Yes,

Do many boilers do this? If so, would seem to negate one of the
benefits of choosing the Alpha.

If, perhaps, the controller shouldn't do this, or the firmware has
been upgraded, then it would be worth me changing the PCB to cure the
annoyance this causes.

They all do the same, your £150+ would be wasted.

I wouldn't dream of spending £150 - if/when I need to change the PCB
I'll buy one off you. Hopefully it will be soldered better than the
original.

Definitely,

but it would still contain the same software

--
geoff