Leon

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
m...
Wow. I got a lot of negative replies on that post. Are we talking
about the same thig? I saw an electronic router lift that is activated
with a button, has electronic control for backlash, and a digital
readout. Why are folks comparing that to shapers? I must be missing
something.....

Wouldn't it be more apropriate to compare to JessEm's Rout-R-Lift, or
Bench Dog's ProLift, or the Woodpecker's Precision Lift?

The routers with built in lifts are a lot less accurate (I think -- on
the order of 1/128'th of an inch versus 1/1000'th).

For the price of the lift, router table, and router it would be cheaper to
buy a shaper. I think in the case of all the router lifts it will simply be
a matter time before they become obsolete. They are an expensive fix for a
problem that is being addressed my many router manufacturers already. PC,
Milwaukee, Bosch, and Triton have already eliminated a need for a lift at
all. The electronic lifts with electronic read out and electronic back lash
control is way overkill.