John Hines

"Kathy" wrote:

I want to build a ramp up the two steps to my front door so that I can bring
my mom into my house. She can't walk and she is too heavy to carry. I know
I'm not the first person in this position. I am capable of designing and
building the ramp; I just don't know what angle to make it.

Maximum slope in a ramp is 1 in 12. That is a 12 foot or longer foot
ramp to rise 1 foot.

Space is not an
isse. I've been carrying a tapemeasure around with me in the car so I could
measure the ramps at other places but they are all commercial places and the
ramps are way long with a small grade.

The info is available on line, you need to google for wheelchair ramp
design, and wade through the 60,000+ results.

The first of which is http://www.adaptiveaccess.com/wood_ramps.php