Bill Bonde ( ``This is the Battle of Epping Forest

Serendipity wrote:

wrote:

Burning anything is not environmental friendly. I guess it depends on what
environment you want to live in. I prefer to have some sunshine and clouds
in the sky.

How do you propose heating your home?

Most all forms of heat require burning something

Ideally, solar heat would be great and doesn't involve burning.

Of course who needs to heat his house when it's a hot day outside
already.

Cost of
set up may or may not be fairly expensive. Geothermal (no burning) is
another method;

Although not without potential pitfalls. Attempts to use geothermal near
Yellowstone have reportedly affected the regularity of that Park's
geysers.

cost to retrofit our house is $14,000. Electricity is
way to expensive here to heat with. So, you are correct at burning of
something for heat. How efficient that burning is makes a big
difference! Corn burners are running at 86+% efficiency using a
renewable resource. Not bad in my books.

Electric space heaters operate at 100% efficiency but that doesn't mean
they are cheap to operate or good for the overall environment. I'd
rather see you burn farm waste than food. For example, the corn cobs.

--
"In August Rudyard's listlessness called for another series of major and
very unpleasant medical examinations.... He later joked ... 'If this is