digger:

Default Sony KV-x2552U Problem.

Hi Folks,
I have a Sony KV-x2552U which has developed a problem and won't switch
on. When the power switch is depressed there is a loud thump but no
picture. When switching the unit off there is a flash of colour as it
does so.
I do not have any knowledge of tv repair but do have a brother who is
into electronics who could solder etc safely and do the repair for me.
What I need to know if anyone has any experience out there is:

a. is this a common or simple to repair fault or should I just scrap
the unit?

b. If repairable any instructions would be useful.

nb. I do have the schematic diagram of the chassis

Cheers

Wardy