John Hines

"Tom" wrote:

In addition
to grounding my dust collector vacuum lines I was thinking that I would go a
head and run a ground wire on each unit to the cold water pipe for added
protection.

No that is what the ground wire in romex is for. I'd suggest connecting
up a metal box, to plug the DC into, and connect up the ground wire to
the ground lug of the receptacle. Connect up any metal ductwork as well
to this ground.

If your concerned about grounding, use emt instead of NM (romex).
Mounting emt and metal boxes on the wall surface works really great for
workshops.

And be sure to use a double pole switch, or better yet like an A/C
disconnect that is rated for a 2hp motor if you want a shutoff.