Larry Jaques

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:14:49 +1000, "Greg Millen"
calmly ranted:

$500 ffor lift, $100+ for bits, add materials for table, time to make it
etc. Perhaps a Incra, add another coupla hunnert...

At what point do we start thinking about a shaper? At $549 on Amazon its a
toss-up:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...arden&n=507846

Or the Griz G1035 for $425 (+$58 freight)
"Built with plenty of muscle to take on most shaping challenges, our
mid-sized, 1-1/2 H.P. Model G1035 Shaper offers the perfect,
low-priced alternative for the serious hobbyist or small-shop owner.
The G1035 offers precision wheel adjustment, two spindle speeds, a
finely milled cast iron table, interchangeable spindles and sealed
ball bearing movement - all for less than the price of a router and
router table!"

Or the ShopFox G4792 2hp for $675 (+$78)
"Designed to compete with the power of larger machines while
capitalizing on the mobility of smaller models, this new Shop Fox®
shaper offers the perfect balance for serious woodworkers. The extra
power of the 2 H.P. motor will have you racing through profiles in
even the heaviest hardwoods, and the large 24" x 21" table gives you
the added working surface found only on larger shapers. If you've been
looking for the perfect shaper to put in your shop, you've found it
with the Shop Fox®!"

I love my ShopFox mortiser. ('cept for the cloggy chisel/bit
interface, but that's true on all brands) Fit 'n finish is vgood.

Anywho, that's no toss-up. Drop kick that routah. It's outta heah.

--
"If the promise of the Declaration of Independence is ever to be fulfilled,
it will be the Libertarian Party which fulfills it. If the Constitution is