Waldo2

It seems to me that some of you folks do not realize what the problem is
with them. The imported ones, that's the orange colored ones, are a
real nuisance. After a couple of nights of hard frost and a period of
warm day-time temperatures, these things came out and swarmed in the
thousands. During the summer months I hardly saw any in the gardens,
and the ones I did see were the red ones native to North America. The
orange ones did not appear until well after the gardens were pulled and
ready for winter. This year they showed up about three weeks later than
last year. They swarm in the tens of thousands and on one afternoon
completely cover the end of the house where the sun was shining. They
enter into the house every time you open a door, they come in on your
clothes and pets, and enter through any crack they can find. While
working outside these things are all over you, even in your hair, and
they do bite.

So, if you only have a few around then you may consider them as being
beneficial. But when you have them by the thousands they are a pest.
The twits that imported these things should be neutered so their gene
pool does not spread. Will they never learn that importing non-native
insects and animals may solve one problem but almost always creates many
new ones?

m Ransley wrote:
Ortho Seven in a garden sprayer or hose sprayer. but they are harmless
and are good bugs, they are even carnivorous, eating themselves. Leave
them if you can. they need a winter home