Tyke

This company claims to repair this type of item

http://www.jbweld.net/products.html

The products are readily avaiable at hardware stores.

This site claims to have low heat rod for repairing most types of castings.
http://www.muggyweld.com/

Dave Paine

"Bob" wrote in message
k.net...
I bought a "railroad" grinder off of ebay to grind my chisels and plane
irons. Its super heavy and very well made. I opened it up to check the
gears and grease them. I was not prepared for the weight of the outer

casing
when I pulled it off and dropped it on the concrete floor - you guessed

it.
It broke off the most critical part of the casting - the part where the
shaft for the grinding wheel goes through. Its only one half. The other

half
is intact.

I was wondering if there is some form of epoxy that could be used to

repair
the casting. I don't think I'll have much luck chasing down a welding

shop
for this small job. Since its hand held and there is not much heat
generated, I don't think it will take a lot of strength to hold it

together.

Bob