kevinspiller kevinspiller is offline
Junior Member

Thanks to all for their valued advice on building the soak away. I dug down 4 feet in one afternoon but was still not free of the clay. The next day it rained and the whole completely filled with water and has overflowed into the garden. 4 weeks later the whole is still full of water and shows no signs of percolating. My options as I see them are to drain the water and carry on digging? (Or are there any other options?)

However, to do this I need to remove the water already in the hole. I have dug 4 feet down by approx 6 feet long and 18 inches wide. A neighbour mentioned using a stirrup pump, but the last time she saw one was during the air raids!!.

Any suggestions would be most grateful.