N. Thornton

Grunff wrote in message ...
N. Thornton wrote:

not seen anything like that, the ROs I've seen are fired clay, and you
clean them out in a furnace. Deinitely wouldnt heat organics red,
unless you want to convert them to carbon filters

Odd. What application was that in?

The only RO membranes I've come across have been Cellulose Triacetate
(older technolgy, cheap, limited life) and Thin Film Composite (newer
material, used to be more expensive but price dropping, long life).

Domestic water filters, running at mains pressure. I think they may
have been a bit ancient. I have a book that explains how to clean them
out by heating them red hot. They just look like clay tubes closed at
one end, the water percolates through them very slowly.

NT