Norminn

Greg wrote:
I have fought ants since I moved to Florida. Sprays are a waste of time.
Perimeter protection only tests their ability to find another path. You have 2
choices, you can bait them with what you see them eating (12 food to 1 part
boric acid) or you can find the home nest and kill them with extreme
predjudice.

Ants shouldn't be a continuing problem inside a residence - too easy to
get rid of. Only time I've had trouble inside the house was when we got
in the habit of leaving sweet, sugary food out on the counter. Then
they came from all directions. Cleaned up, put out bait, they are
history. Have dealt with carpenter ants and fire ants outdoors; easy,
again, with the right approach. Dumping a load of poison into the
environment is not the answer and most critters have some beneficial
purpose if the stay out of the house. This link has a lot of info about
Florida critters:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/