Yitzak

I would make sure what type of Telephone company main boxes I have. To see
how you will extend them.

E.G I have one B.T box which is a simple design - square shape with socket
in the middle (same as those you buy in all teh shops) this I could only
extend by getting an extension kit i.e. a cable with the plug already on.
This means that the main box you extend cannot be used anymore unless you by
a 2 into one adaptor. Still won't look nice. I luckily found a master box in
a skip (see below)

The cable company in my area installed a master box, this is bigger than the
standard box with the socket at the bottom. This bottom bit with the socket
comes off (2 screws) and behind it you can feed in your extension cable -
NOW this can be any type you want and you connect without the need for a
plug. So you screw back the part with the socket in it and you can still use
the socket and you extension wire is completely hidden.

I extended my system so in some places I hadcables runnign near power, here
I wrapped them in tin foiland feed them through waste pipe (was lying
around).

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:32:18 +0100, bof wrote:

Seems the CW1308 cable had no twists in it.

In that case it wasn't CW1308, perhaps CW1311 (the flat D profile
stuff)...

The major difference between CW1308 and Cat5 is the number of twists
per unit length. Cat5 has a much tighter twist.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

---