tcg

"oreo123" wrote in message
| Years ago I was at a skiclub and there was this device that I would like
| find. Basically the inside of the grate that held the burning wood was
| hollow. Outside in the room there was a small fan and flex pipe going to
the
| grate blowing air through it. And on the other side of this grate the hot
| air exhausted into the room. Basically it pulled the heat off the grate
and
| put it into the room & did quite well.
|
| Does anyone know where one of these can be found? Or what its called?
|
| TIA

We've had one similar, although not the same, to this design for the past 15
years. Ours has no back shield and only a 2 speed blower. It works very well
and moves large amounts of hot air out of the fireplace. Using it with a
ceiling fan and occasionally with only the blower on the furnace is very
effective. We were told we would need to replace the tubes after about 5
years but so far none have burned through using about 5 days a week during
Chicago winters.

http://www.ecofire.com/specifications.htm#existing